Help improve health care in our community through Georgia’s rural hospital expense tax credit opportunity!
Clinch Memorial Hospital is partnering with the Georgia HEART Hospital Program to implement this exciting new rural hospital tax credit.
What is the Georgia HEART rural hospital organization (“RHO”) expense tax credit?
The Georgia General Assembly passed legislation that enables Georgia taxpayers receive a state income tax CREDIT for 100% of the amount they contribute to qualified rural hospital organizations (up to the limits set forth below).
How much can I contribute for a tax credit?
If you pay Georgia income taxes, you are eligible to receive a 100% state income tax credit for contributing to a rural hospital.
• On July 1 of each year, limits for individual and married filing joint taxpayers are waived. This means you can contribute as much as you would like, so long as you have the tax liability to support the contribution!
• On July 1 of each year, limits for pass-through entity owners are waived. This means you can contribute as much as you would like, so long as you have the tax liability – related to your pass-through ownership – to support the contribution!
• Taxpayers are limited from January 1 through June 30 of each taxable year to $5,000 for individuals, and $10,000 for married couples, and $10,000 for pass-through owners.
• At any time during the year, a “C” Corporation or trust shall be allowed a 100% Georgia income tax credit for contributions to RHOs equal to the amount of the contribution, or 75% of the corporation or trust’s income tax liability, whichever is less.
How do I sign up to contribute?
- Complete and submit your 2022 HEART Tax Credit Form at www.georgiaheart.org
- HEART submits your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR)
- HEART and DOR notify you of approved tax credit amount and payment deadline
- Send a check made payable to your designated rural hospital to HEART for deposit to the hospital’s account within 180 days of approval, or 12/31/22, whichever comes first
- HEART sends you Form IT-QRHOE-RHO1 (tax receipt) for claiming the credit on your 2022 Georgia income tax return
For information about the rural hospital organization expense tax credit, please visit the Georgia HEART website at www.georgiaheart.org or please contact Madison Pope, Clinch Memorial Hospital CFO, at 912-487-5211, ext. 2347.