Policy: Clinch Memorial Hospital promotes and supports a family and support persons approach to the care and healing of our patients. The purpose of this policy is to define and set expectations regarding persons visiting hospitalized patients.
Patient Visitation: Every CMH patient or support person has the right, subject to the limitations contained in this policy, to receive visitors.
- Visitors must wear a mask at all times while in the building.
- Limit 2 visitors per Hospital inpatient. Emergency department patients are restricted to only 1 visitor at a ti me. (NOTE: no visitors allowed for Covid isolation patients)
- General visiting hours at Clinch Memorial Hospital are between 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily. When a support person(s) arrive to visit a loved one or friend, he/she should stop at the information desk located in the main lobby where one of the volunteers will answer any questions and provide direction.
- To maintain a restful, healing environment we ask that all family, friends and visitors leave the hospital by 9:00 p.m. designated support person(s) are an exception to this rule; they are individuals whom have been identified by the patient.
- Clinch Memorial Hospital welcomes every individual regardless of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military/veteran status or disability. We recognize and respect the visitation rights of all spouses and partners including same-sex spouses and domestic partners.
- Clinch Memorial Hospital is committed to providing a safe, healing environment for patients and their families. To make this possible we need your assistance in the following ways:
- All visitors should practice cleanliness. Hands should be washed and/or use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting a patient’s
- Our patients’ ability to protect themselves from germs and disease is compromised. Exposure to additional illness may complicate the healing process and place them at risk. If a individual is not feeling well or has an illness that could be transferred to our patients he/she should refrain from visiting. If you are not sure, please check with your health care provider.
- While in a hospital, children are safest when accompanied by a trusted adult. We ask that you provide supervision for any visitors under the age of 12 anywhere in the hospital including a patient’s room or unit.
- The patient or the patient’s designated representative, in conjunction with the registered nurse and healthcare team, may limit visitations.
- Patients are allowed visitors as long as there are no restrictions. (example: Opt out, physician request, communicable disease, etc.)
- Patients may request an “Opt Out” while in the hospital meaning the patient will not be allowed visitation by anyone other than the attending physician and/or staff handling patient care.
- Quietness is a priority at Clinch Memorial Hospital. In our ongoing effort to promote a restful, healing environment, the following items are prohibited: alcoholic beverages, disruptive or violent behavior, street drugs and weapons.
- Bathrooms in patient rooms are for patient use only. We ask that visitors please use public rest rooms.
- Clinch Memorial is a tobacco free campus; this includes outside areas and parking lots.
- We understand that hospitals can be noisy. We ask that you partner with us in helping us control noise by: speaking softly, placing your personal electronic devices setting on vibrate or silent, and minimizing the number of visitors within a patient’s room.