Policy: It is the policy of Clinch Memorial Hospital (CMH) to adhere to all federal, state, local laws and regulations with regards to visitation. This policy applies to all patient visitations at CMH.
- CMH will not restrict, limit or otherwise disallow visitation privileges to a visitor on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. Every CMH visitor will equally and fully enjoy the visitation privileges provided for in this policy.
Right of Patient to Designate Visitors: Every CMH patient or support person has the right, subject to the limitations contained in this policy, to receive visitors. The patient has the right to:
- Designate his/her visitors. Any person the patient desires may visit the patient, whether such person is a spouse, domestic partner, family member, friend, or otherwise.
- The right to refuse visitors at any time. If a patient wishes that a particular individual not visit, CMH personnel will comply with such wishes and will inform the individual of the patient’s desire.
- To be informed about their visitation rights and limitations on such rights, in writing, prior to medical treatment, if possible.
Support Person: A surrogate decision maker for the purpose of visitation.
- The patient may designate, either orally, in writing or otherwise, whomever he/she wishes to serve as support person. The support person does not have to be the same person authorized to make medical decisions on behalf of the patient, although an individual may serve as both.
- The support person or medical decision maker must exercise the visitation right in good faith, allowing visitation by those persons he/she believes the patient would desire to see.
Caregiver: Is an individual participating in the care of the patient and he/she may remain with the patient as long as condition warrants.
- It shall be the policy of Clinch Memorial Hospital to address the safety of our associates, physicians and the persons whom we are privileged to serve, while ensuring that we continue to deliver optimal care. As part of a comprehensive response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Clinch Memorial Hospital has issued temporary guidance for visitation.
- There is no patient visitation allowed at this time, with the exception of the Emergency Department, and inpatients under the age of 18.
- Patients in the Emergency Department will be allowed only one visitor during the duration of the Emergency Department stay, and inpatients under the age of 18 will be allowed visitation by a parent or guardian.
- All persons needing to gain entrance to the hospital will be screened upon entry into the facility.
- We encourage any potential visitors to use alternate methods of communication to stay in contact with loved ones, such as: calling, video chatting, or texting.
- Any deviation from this visitation policy, will be done on a case by case basis at the discretion of the charge nurse or administration.