Policy: It is the policy of Clinch Memorial Hospital (CMH) to adhere to all federal, state, local laws and regulations with regards to visitation. This policy applies to all patient visitations at CMH.
- CMH will not restrict, limit or otherwise disallow visitation privileges to a visitor on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. Every CMH visitor will equally and fully enjoy the visitation privileges provided for in this policy.
Right of Patient to Designate Visitors: Every CMH patient or support person has the right, subject to the limitations contained in this policy, to receive visitors. The patient has the right to:
- Designate his/her visitors. Any person the patient desires may visit the patient, whether such person is a spouse, domestic partner, family member, friend, or otherwise.
- The right to refuse visitors at any time. If a patient wishes that a particular individual not visit, CMH personnel will comply with such wishes and will inform the individual of the patient’s desire.
- To be informed about their visitation rights and limitations on such rights, in writing, prior to medical treatment, if possible.
Support Person: A surrogate decision maker for the purpose of visitation.
- The patient may designate, either orally, in writing or otherwise, whomever he/she wishes to serve as support person. The support person does not have to be the same person authorized to make medical decisions on behalf of the patient, although an individual may serve as both.
- The support person or medical decision maker must exercise the visitation right in good faith, allowing visitation by those persons he/she believes the patient would desire to see.
Caregiver: Is an individual participating in the care of the patient and he/she may remain with the patient as long as condition warrants.
- 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. – 2 visitors per patient at any one time.
- No children under the age of 12 may visit. Prior approval is required for visitation from the Physician or Charge Nurse under limited circumstances and with adult supervision.
- Patient visitation may be altered or suspended at the discretion of the physician, patient’s nurse, charge nurse or administration based on individual patient needs.
- After hour visitation is only upon approval and a badge must be issued by CMH staff.
- Hospitality suites visitation will be determined on a case by case basis. Family members may receive visitors in the family room area.
- Emergency Room visitation will be determined case by case.
Departmental Visitation Policy:
- Physical Therapy: Visitation is only permitted with approval from the Physical Therapist. A caregiver or support person may remain with patient as long as privacy rights of others are observed.
- Emergency Room: Visitation is determined on a case by case basis.
- Visitation is limited to two (2) per patient as designated by the patient.
- Visitation is limited to 10 – 15 minutes on a case by case issue.
- Visitation may be suspended or restricted in the discretion of the nurse, physician or administration for patient care and safety.
- In-patient (Children/Pediatric):
- Caregivers of pediatric patients and newborns may spend the night.
Visitor Behavior & Dress Code:
- Shoes and shirts must be worn
- Visitation should not disrupt patient care and safety. If visitation threatens the care or safety of the patient or CMH staff visitation privileges may be suspended.
- Visitors should wash hands and use anti-bacterial hand sanitizer when entering and leaving CMH.
- Visitation with patients diagnosed with an infectious disease is limited.
- Visitors who have pink eye, colds, flu, fever or other infectious diseases not defined/not mentioned, etc., are discouraged from visiting CMH patients.
Suspension of Visitation:
- Visitation may be suspended or restricted in the discretion of the nurse, physician for patient care or safety.
- CMH reserves the right to suspend visitation
Visitor Policy Information:
- The visitation guidelines are posted in the Main Lobby and the Emergency Room Lobby.
- The visitation guidelines are given out with the Patient Rights. A complete copy of CMH’s Patient Visitation Policy may be given to you upon request.
- Visitation is not allowed in sterile areas of CMH to include the endoscopy room. Visitation may be suspended at any time at the discretion of the physician and/or nurse.